Important Information for Virtual Dance Classes
As we are all learning how to navigate this new way of dance through Zoom for Summer classes, please know we are working diligently on the backend to help you access the Zoom class links seamlessly. We want to make this as simple as possible for everyone, so please bear with us as we work out the kinks and find the best solution. As of right now, using your Parent Portal is the best way to join classes, especially for last-minute registrations; unfortunately, our system doesn’t automatically send out emails with the Zoom information.
1. Latest Zoom Application
Be sure you’ve downloaded the Zoom application and it is updated to the latest version 5.0 or higher.
2. Zoom Settings for Virtual Tap Classes (if applicable)
Please watch the video: https://youtu.be/SLg7MhQSvCg
3. How to Access Zoom Links for Virtual Classes
You can seamlessly launch a virtual class directly from the Studio Director portal.
Please note since our Summer classes are “drop-in”, you’ll have different links for each. For example,if your dancer is registered for Tuesday Ballet and Contemporary class, you’ll have two Zoom links for this day. Our combo classes for Ages 3-5 and 6-8 will only have one Zoom link.
- Sign in to your Studio Director Parent Portal: http://centerstageavl.com/parent-portal/
- Scroll down to “Upcoming Classes” underneath “My Account”
- The Zoom link will be blue under the Class Name (please see the screenshot below as an example)
- Click the link a few minutes before class starts.
- You can also access the links by going to “View All My Classes” from the “Menu” and click the blue link under “Location Name”.
*Please do not share the link with anyone else. Sharing it with others who did not enroll in the class is strictly prohibited. Each dancer must sign up for classes through Studio Director so our teachers know how many students will be taking class.